Trying to Pick up Pace

I have been busy with lots of things lately that I have not blogged anything in awhile…


 

Writing formal essays is not as easy as it seems

A month from now I will take the IELTS exams. I cannot really say that I am already confident for the exam. The past weeks of review were a challenge to me. I had to schedule my review right after my work. I never went to my evening classes on time. What the heck. It's better than no taking the review classes at all. My first mock-exam was a disaster. I got a five for my writing test and 6 for my speaking test. My reading and listening test were okay, I got a 7.5 on both accounts. I expected the worst because it was first try at the exam. There were times in my speaking test that I had nothing to say or I kept repeating things. The writing test on the other hand I was reprimanded for writing in all caps. I write that way because my writing is not that nice. I said to myself I could do better. The succeeding mock exam results were better. I even got a 7.5 for my speaking. My reading and listening test ranges from 6.5-8 (but I need to get a 7). My writing test is on the other hand really needs improvement. I thought I could get good marks with this test because I used to write. Then I realize that writing formal essays is hard. I used to write but it was more of the creative side. I have to organize my thoughts and never forget to recheck what I wrote. Unfortunately I always ran out of time. I really need to practice thinking and writing fast.


 

Addicted to Reading

When I was in Cebu I had no other forms of entertainment. So I choose reading books. When I got back here in Davao reading books stuck with me. Now I joined a 50 book challenge a year in shelfari. I calculated that I should finish at least 4 books a month and 12-13 books per quarter. This quarter I have finished reading 14 books. I might add not bad.

* The Last Watch- Sergei Lukianenko (1)
* Shanghai Baby- Wei Hui (2)
* The Stranger- Albert Camus (3)
* The Southern Vampire Series- Charlaine Harris

-Dead Until Dark (4)
-Living Dead in Dallas (5)
-Club Dead (6)
-Dead to the World (7)
-Dead as a Doornail (8)
-Definitely Dead (9)
-All Together Dead (10)
-From Dead to Worse (11)


*They Whisper- Robert Olen Butler (12)

*The Cider House Rules-John Irving (13)

*The Devil Wears Prada- Lauren Weisberger (14)

Right now I am reading The Time Traveller's Wife and Psycho the book about Ed Gein.


 

What happened to my Creativity List!

The other year I made a plan to make a creativity list. This is a list of things I have to do each month to fuel my creativity. It involves reading books, watching movies, making sketches, having a photo shoot and writing something like a poem, story or whatever. I did manage to do it the first month but then I couldn't manage to do it the following months. I don't know if its lack of time or if it lack discipline. I did manage to do some of the things in the list but not everything.

Preparing for Summer

It's already summer and it's time to have sometime on the beach. My high school friends and I really want to go on an outing but have not found the perfect place to. Right now I cannot go to any outing to the beach because I am still recuperating from my cyst operation. But when all is healed and well you bet I want to haul my ass to any beach. Summer outing also means lomo time for me. Lomo cams work better with lots of sunshine so going to the beach would be a wonderful opportunity to take pictures. I got lots of films collecting dust in my shelves and not the time to use them.

Trying to be an Adult

My father will be leaving to Australia soon. Since I am the oldest I am the one take responsibility of taking care of my family. I am not the breadwinner but I will manage stuff for my father. I have tried living on my own so I am not really new to taking responsibilities for one's own shit but still I do ponder if I got what it takes… I knew I have to manage my time. The first months will definitely challenging but will an optimist heart everything should be ok. Hopefully I would still have time to blog by then.

 

Posted bymiles0282 at 21:06  

0 comments:

Post a Comment