Shoes with my Name on it

Lately I have been lusting over shoes and can't seem to think of any art related topics to write about when I realized I could write about Melissa (not me but the shoe brand...by the way I am not narcissistic).

Melissa took my lust over shoes to the next level (especially the read one on the photo). Melissa is not another fad in fashion. It is rather the combination of design, fashion, comfort and simplicity. It is also earth friend since its recyclable (who would want to recycle them anyway?). Melissa is made out of plastic. Plastic shoes sounds tacky but this plastic shoes reinvents the "plastic shoe". It is made of a hypoallergenic material MELFLEX™ that molds the shape of your feet. Your feet won't also my smelly and sweaty since these shoes smell like candy.

It started in 1979 with Méduse inspired by practical sandals used by fishermen.
It has been a long since then. They have made collaboration with different Designers like Brazilian fashion designer Alexandre Herchcovitch, the famous Campana Brothers, British skin jewellery designer J. Maskrey and stylist Judy Blame.

Its definitely not just about shoes. In 2005 on the 25th anniversary of Melissa the Melissa Gallery was opened. It features a 45-square. meter concept store. Each season they change the exterior look of the store. Talk about super cool.


I will definitely be saving for a new pair Melissa! Melissa is availble here in the Philippines visit their site Melissaphilipines and I thought this site was about me....hehehe

Posted bymiles0282 at 05:14  

0 comments:

Post a Comment