Movie Shopping

With lots of time loitering the internet. I went to apple's movie trailers and looked up for the latest movies. If I had fast internet I could have watched the trailers since streaming is prohibited here in the office so I was stuck reading and researching on the movies that caught my fancy.

So here is my list. (hopefully I will get to watch them all).

First on my list is
Four Minutes

Jenny is young. Her life is over. She killed someone. And she would do it again. When an 80-year-old piano teacher discovers the girl’s secret, her brutality and her dreams, she decides to transform her pupil into the musical wunderkind she once was.



I have a thing for foreign movies and I don’t mean Hollywood movies. I mean the subtitled kind. This is a German movie. I read very good reviews of this movie. I’m always attracted to movies of troubled youth and their deep dark secrets.

I found two movies of my favorite genre.

First is

The Strangers

The horrifying events that took place in the Hoyt family’s vacation home at 1801 Clark Road on February 11, 2005 are still not entirely known.


it would have been more interesting if knew what true to life story it was based upon but on my quick research the author has not revealed anything. I read a nice review. I hope it lives up to its review. I don't really trust reviews since we all have different take of a specific movie but something its kinda a guide. The site is cool and the poster.

Next is

Frontier(s)

Alone in a Paris plagued by deadly race riots, the young and beautiful Yasmine is looking for a way out. In her desperation, she turns to her shady ex-boyfriend. Together with his two thug friends, they pull off a bold heist and head for the border. With the police close behind, they hide out in a seemingly peaceful inn. But the mysterious innkeeper is hiding a secret more terrifying than anything they could ever imagine. Trapped in an endless maze of tunnels crawling with hungry subhuman cannibals, they must fight to survive their bloody initiation into the innkeeper’s evil family cult.



well this is another foreign film. One review said that
Frontieres" is a very intense and visceral experience that will surely please the most hardcore horror fans.
with that line I am definitely hooked. hehehe

My next movie is a documentary

American Teen

American Teen is a 2008 documentary film directed by Nanette Burstein (On the Ropes, The Kid Stays in the Picture). It is set in Warsaw, Indiana, and focuses on graduating high school seniors struggling through school and life. It competed in the Documentary Competition at the 2008 Sundance Film Festival, where it received the Directing Award: Documentary.



I am a sucker for teen flicks. This is not your average teen flick though. It tackles real issues...i can't really comment much since haven't seen it hehehehe

last on my list is

The fall



Los Angeles, circa 1920‘s, a little immigrant girl (Catinca Untaru) finds herself in a hospital recovering from a fall. She strikes up a friendship with a bedridden man (Lee Pace) who captivates her with a whimsical story that removes her far from the hospital doldrums into the exotic landscapes of her imagination. Making sure he keeps the girl interested in the story he interweaves her family and people she likes from the hospital into his tale.



I can't wait to see this movie since it promises good visual imagery. I watch movies for inspiration so when I get to see movies with very nice visuals its definitely on my favorite list.

I am not sure if there movies if be released in the cinema here. I think I must be resourceful in order to get to watch these. Wish me luck!

Posted bymiles0282 at 18:48  

0 comments:

Post a Comment